Located on approximately 15 acres of land on the north-east coast of Barbados not far away from the island’s central interior, Villa Nova was built in 1834 as a grand plantation house constructed of hand cut coral stone.
In the spring of 2001 Villa Nova re-opened its doors to the public after a multi-million dollar restoration project aimed at preserving its colonial heritage. Before its recent closure it was a five star hotel and was classified in the luxury category of the Barbados Hotels and Tourism Association hotel ratings.
At present the property comprises:
Approximately 15-acres of land
- Great House (Plantation House)
- Park House
- Kitchen, Restaurant, Lobby and Administrative areas
- Two (2) all-weather Tennis Courts
- A freshwater Swimming Pool
- Conference/ Boardroom
- Spa Treatment Chattel Rooms
The property, giving its history, location and architectural design ,lends itself to several uses, including a corporate retreat, wellness centre or a historic colonial home.
The hillside hotel has views of the scenic east coast and green sugar cane fields. It comprises a total of 28 spacious guest rooms and suites each with its own terrace. Each has a view of either the pool or the gardens with table and chairs for in-room dining.
Park House is a two-storey building located on the northern side of the property. The facility is an annex to the plantation house and includes 12 of the total 28 guest rooms on the estate.